1. You didn't report unemployment received on your tax return for the year stated on the letter.
2. There are false unemployment claims to your account.
You need to do an informal protest which can be done:
1. Online: the easiest and fastest way to respond to the notice is through NYS website https://www.tax.ny.gov/online/
(you will need to have an online services account. You can create one if you do not have one)
2. Phone: call them at 518-599-6837
3. Mail or Fax: if you do not have internet access, check any of the boxes that apply on the notice, or send them a written explanation.
Mail - NYS Assessment Receivables
PO Box 4128
Binghamton, NY 13902-4128
Fax - 518-435-8525
You can also report the fraudulent unemployment claims by visiting this website: